The next EdVenture will be held April 18, 2019 as the Penn State College of Medicine community celebrates educational activities and accomplishments.
Abstracts are now being accepted for EdVenture. See submission details below.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email WoodwardCenter@pennstatehealth.psu.edu.
Jump to topic
EdVenture Submission Details
The Woodward Center for Excellence in Health Sciences Education is seeking proposals for workshops and posters for its annual celebration of teaching and learning, EdVenture, to be held on April 18, 2019. This year, we will be offering workshop sessions in the morning related to the scholarship of teaching and learning in addition to the evening poster session.
Concurrent workshops will be 60 minutes long and held between 8 and 11:15 a.m. on the day of EdVenture. These workshops will precede the annual Woodward Lecture at noon.
Poster presentations will take place on the evening of EdVenture beginning at 5 p.m. Posters must be set up by one of the presenters between 4:30 and 5 p.m.
Proposal submissions are due Jan. 31, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. and will be peer-reviewed by the Woodward Center’s EdVenture Planning Committee. Those submitting proposals will be notified of the committee’s decision by email no later than Feb. 25, 2019. By submitting a proposal, you and any co-presenters agree to be available to present on April 18, 2019.
Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Highlight the scholarship of teaching and learning through reflective practices
- Showcase innovative teaching and assessment techniques
- Facilitate discussion on instructional excellence
- Promote active learning
- Create opportunities for interprofessional education
- Demonstrate effective uses of technology in teaching and learning
Proposal submissions must include:
- For workshops: Title, description, session outline/activities, session timeline, learning objectives and room requirements
- For posters: Title and abstract that includes the following sections: purpose; method; results; conclusions/discussion