Skip to content

College of Medicine Human Resources

What We Do

Our team supports College of Medicine employees and represents the college at the University level. We handle all human resources matters specific to the College of Medicine and are happy to help you navigate our college and the larger university.

Penn State College of Medicine crescent building exterior

Who We Serve

Full-time and Part-time Staff
Postdoctoral Scholars and Fellows
Tech Service
Graduate and Federal Work-Study Employees

Contact us

By phone – 717-531-8081
By email –
By team member – Reach out to the HR Consultant serving your area.

Quick links

Jump to topic


Human Resources Services

Below are links and resources to provide new and existing employees with key information about the services provided by your HR team.

Meet the College of Medicine Human Resources Team

How to ...

How to Process an Employee Separation Expand answer

All separations, including retirements, resignations, transfers, involuntary terminations and ended fixed-term appointments are processed in WorkLion.

When a manager or an employee becomes aware that an individual is leaving his/her position (voluntarily or involuntarily), the separation process must be initiated in WorkLion:

  • Go to the WorkLion portal.
  • Select “Initiate Separation” from the Manager Tools dropdown menu.
  • Complete the form.
  • Add in comments “Please transfer to COM HR”.
  • Attach the resignation/retirement letter, for voluntary separations.
  • Click Submit.

The hiring manager will receive a request from Shared Services to complete and upload the Separation Checklist.

Please refer to University policy HRG20 Separation and Transfer Protocol for more information.

How to Request to Review Your Personnel File Expand answer

Policy HR60, Access to Personnel Files, permits reasonable access to the contents of an employee’s personnel file.

A faculty or staff member who wishes to review their personnel file, or any part of that file, may make the request in writing using the Request to Review Personnel File form. A link to download the form can be found on the Penn State policy page.

Your HR Strategic Partner is Jill Curry.

How to Submit a WorkLion Inquiry Expand answer

General HR queries can be sent directly to HR Services via WorkLion. Each inquiry is assigned a number so that progress can be tracked online.

  1. Log in to the WorkLion portal.
  2. Click Contact Us from the top menu.
  3. Under Submit an Inquiry, select the topic most closely related to your question from the “I Have a Question About” drop-down menu. Select “General Inquiry” if your topic is not listed. Select a sub-topic (or N/A) from the “Specifically” drop-down menu.
  4. In the Inquiry Details field, enter your question.
  5. Upload supporting documents, if desired.
  6. Hit Submit Request.

You will receive an email from the WorkLion team when the inquiry has been received. A separate email will follow with an answer to your question (or requesting more information).

How to Update Directory Information Expand answer

Updating your office address and/or phone number in the Penn State Directory is easy.

Are you are changing buildings? Moving your office just down the hall? Transferring into the College of Medicine? If so, then you’ll want to make sure the Penn State Directory reflects your most current information.

Submit a WorkLion inquiry to initiate the process:

  1. Go to the WorkLion portal.
  2. Click Contact Us .
  3. Under Submit an Inquiry, select “General Inquiry” from the first drop-down menu.
  4. In the Inquiry Details field, enter the following information:
    • your 9-digit Penn State ID number
    • your full name
    • your most recent office address: room number and building**
    • your most recent office phone number with area code
    • how you want your information to appear in the directory
      • “Do not print in directory.”
      • “Print office address and phone information only.”
      • “Print both office and home addresses and phone numbers.”

**If your new address is in Hershey, indicate the location in place of the building (e.g., Academic Support Building, Hershey, PA; or College of Medicine, 3rd Floor, C316, Hershey, PA).

For further assistance, please contact HR Shared Services by visiting or calling 814-865-1473.

How to Verify Employment Expand answer

Penn State uses the Work Number for a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income.

The Work Number simplifies the verification process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Penn State’s employer code is 16442.

See how Employment Verification works.


Access and Security Office Expand answer

Hours: Noon to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday; 7 a.m. to noon Thursdays; no appointment needed.
Office: CG608
Phone: 717-531-3548

Parking Services Expand answer

Hours: 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; 7 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday; no appointment needed.
Details: Traffic and Parking website (internal users only; Penn State Health ePass login required)
Office: CG608
Phone: 717-531-3713

Keys Expand answer

To begin key process: Your department access control designate must complete a key request form and email it to Keys are ready within 3 days. Inquire with your department’s administrative assistant to find your access control designate.

Office: CG639
Phone: 717-531-5396

Benefits Expand answer

Benefit-eligible employees: Visit (applies to full-time staff and faculty and postdocs).

Lab Coats Expand answer

Purchase Request Form: Lab coat style and size information, as well as a purchase request form, are available on the Linen Services page on the Infonet (Penn State Health ePass login required).

To try on lab coats: Go to room TG503, ground floor, Cancer Institute. Enter combination code 8320* to enter room; sample coats are in cabinet.

Office: CG708
Phone: 717-531-8321

Employee Health Expand answer

To do: Schedule employee health check appointment
Phone: 717-531-8280

Business Cards Expand answer

To order: Visit Printing Services website
Phone: 717-531-8607

Nameplate and Holder Expand answer

To order: Order name plate holder and name plate for office door through the Sign Shop on the Infonet (Penn State Health ePass login required)

Faculty Picture Expand answer

White coat is required for faculty photos.

Make an appointment: Photography Infonet website (Penn State Health ePass login required)
Office: CG618
Phone: 717-531-8110

TIAA Financial Meetings Expand answer

No matter where you are in life – just getting started or planning for retirement – a session with a TIAA financial consultant can help you create a plan for your goals. These free, private consultations with Nigel Stearns will be held on Monday, March 25, in the College of Medicine HR offices at 90 Hope Drive (Academic Support Building), Suite 1200, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

To register for a session, go to or call 800-732-8353.